Fun Facts and Random Trivia
NOTE: This list contains non-writing-related trivia about Erica. If you’re looking for FAQs related to Erica’s career as an author, try this page.
- Stupid things Erica has done and would probably do again: Crawl blind through a cave filled with mud and bat guano, touch a tarantula, move cross-country (and out-of-country) knowing absolutely no one, fly upside-down along a zip line atop a rain forest, let a Moroccan snake charmer wrap a constrictor around her neck, go sky diving, fall in love with Mr. Wrong, let wild monkeys jump on her head because she thought it’d make a cute photo, eat forbidden food she knew would cause hives just because she loves the taste.
- Languages Erica has tried to learn (to varying degrees of success): English, French, Italian, German, Japanese, Mandarin, Polish, Russian, Sign Language, Spanish
- Performing Arts Erica has studied and performed before live audience(s): Acting (Plays, Musicals), Ballet Dancing, Baton Twirling, Belly Dancing, Cheerleading, Guitar (electric), Jazz Dancing, Mime, Modeling (Children’s Clothing), Modern Dance (the “real” dancing style, not club movez), Piano, Singing (Choir, Musicals, Garage Bands), Tap Dancing, Violin
- States Erica has visited in the U.S.: Arizona, California, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin
- Countries Erica has visited around the world: Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, England (United Kingdom), France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands (Holland), Nicaragua, Panama, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United States, Wales
- Places Erica is dying to see, but hasn’t (yet): Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Egypt, Fiji, India, Japan, Peru, Thailand, Turkey. She would also L.O.V.E. to visit all 50 states in the US and all of Latin America.
- Jobs Erica has held (often three or four simultaneously): Assembly-Line Worker (making microphones and amplifiers for people like Garth Brooks), Author, Babysitter, Brake Press Operator (big machine that bends steel), Burger-Maker (ah, the joys of fast food), Cashier (various), Clothing-Store Clerk, Copy Writer (various ad campaigns), Database Administrator, Door-to-Door Knife Salesperson, Fry Cook, Gas Station Attendant, Graphic Designer, Hardware Engineer, Ice-Cream Scooper (if you’re ever in Elkhart, IN, two words: Flavor Freeze), Interpreter (Spanish/English), Live-In Nanny / Au Pair, Piano Teacher, Reporter (years of high school newspaper / yearbook counts, right?), Scrapbooking Instructor, Scrapbooking Supplies Manufacturer, Shear Operator (big machine that cuts sheets of steel), Software Developer, Tutor (algebra, third-grade math, and trigonometry), UNIX instructor, Waitress, Website Programmer