I was recently tagged by my pal Vicki Lane for a meme on blogging tips.
Since I have even less time than usual thanks to having out-of-state guests staying at my house this week, the timing seems particularly fortuitous.
The rules of the meme are to include the text and links for the previous tips and contributors, and to add one of your own at the bottom. If you’d like to play along, post a link in the comments to your blog and I will come visit you.
(The real meme is to tag 10 people, but I’m more laissez faire. *g)
Without further ado:
1. Look, read, and learn. [link]
2. Be EXCELLENT to each other. [link]
3. Donâ€™t let money change ya! [link]
4. Always reply to your comments. [link]
5. Link liberally–it keeps you and your friends afloat in the Sea of Technorati. [link]
6. Donâ€™t give up – persistence is fertile. [link]
7. Give link credit where credit is due. [link]
8. Pictures say a thousand words and can usually add to any post. [link]
9. Visit all the bloggers that leave comments for you – itâ€™s nice to know who is reading! [link]
10. When commenting on othersâ€™ blogs, a few kind words go a long way. [link]
11. When youâ€™re starting out, comment on all the blogs you like to read; that way the bloggers will know that you exist! [link]
12. Make sure you check your links! [link]
13. Give your blog a theme/focus; make a niche for yourself. [link]
14. Post on your blog daily and if not daily then at least 3 -4 times a week. Readers will not continue to come to your blog if there is not something new to read and comment on. And while youâ€™re at it throw in a contest or two. [link]
15. Don’t say anything on your blog that you don’t want forever attributed to your name. If you’ve got something unprofessional to say, then for the love of all that’s holy, don’t post it to the entire world in an instantaneously quotable environment. (Unless you do so 100% anonymously… *g)
YOUR TURN: What are your views on memes–friend or foe? How about blogging? Any tips to share?